Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5736
Destination Australia Program 2023 (Round 4)
Show close time for other time zones
The closing date for the Destination Australia Round 4 grant opportunity has been extended and will now close on Tuesday 22 November 2022 at 9pm AEDT.
The Australian Government invites applications through a targeted competitive process to deliver services under the International Education Support Outcome – Destination Australia Program 2023 (Round 4) from 2022–23 to 2025–26.
The grant opportunity provides grants to Australian tertiary education providers in regional areas to provide scholarships to domestic and international students, promote those scholarships for students, and promote tertiary education in regional Australia. It helps achieve the International Education Support Outcome by facilitating study in regional Australia for international and domestic students.
For Round 4, preference will be given to applications supporting domestic students and international students studying courses aligned with the Australian Government’s National Skills Priority List.
Domestic scholarships will be prioritised for students from underrepresented groups, such as low-socioeconomic status (low-SES), those who are first in family to tertiary study, those living with a disability and First Nations people.
Please see the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for program objectives and intended outcomes.
You are eligible to apply for this grant opportunity if you can demonstrate that you meet all of the following criteria.
- you are a registered Australian tertiary education provider
- if you intend to provide scholarships to international students – you are currently registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- your campus location at which scholarship students will study is entirely or in part in a regional area.
Expected timing for this grant opportunity:
- Application period–Open: 11 October 2022
- Close: 9:00 pm AEDT on 22 November 2022
- Assessment of applications–December 2022
- Approval of outcomes of selection process–January 2023
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants– early February 2023
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements–March 2023
- Earliest start date of grant activity–March 2023
- End date of grant activity–As stated in your grant agreement, if successful.
To apply, you must:
- complete the online application form, see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on 22 November 2022.
Please ensure you use:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines version 2 updated on 28 October 2022 to extend the application period closing date
- Questions and Answers verson 3 updated on 4 November 2022 (which adds question 62)
- Addendum 4 - Notice of information webinar (for webinar time and access details)
- Addendum 5 – Notice about resolved application form link issues