Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4637
Show close time for other time zones
The National Intelligence Postdoctoral Grant (NIPG) is a new initiative, which involves the sponsorship of unclassified academic research designed to achieve Australian Government objectives for research and innovation in national intelligence and security.
The program will offer funding for Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions for early career researchers to undertake academic research in relation to Research Problems – specific areas of interest and relevance to the NIC (National Intelligence Community). The program will commence in 2021 with 9 Research Topics (see NIPG 2021 Research Topics) and will run annually for the following three years (2021-22 to 2023-24) with each position funded full time for a period of two (2) years (up to $350,000).
Successful Postdoctoral Research Fellows under this grant program will be partnered with a NIC staff member as well as their nominated Research Advisor for the duration of the grant to foster collaboration and engagement between the NIC and the academic community.
To be eligible the postdoctoral candidate must:
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand Special Category Visa Holder,
- Have a PhD in a relevant field, conferred before the beginning of the postdoctoral position and within five years of the application closing date (Career Interuptions will be considered),
- Postdoctoral Canidates and their proposed research must be sponsered by You as an accredited Australian University.
To be eligible the Research Advisor must:
- Must be engaged as a full time staff member of the sponsoring accredited Australian University.
The maximum grant period is two years. The position is full time with flexible working arrangements in accordance with institutional policies.
Applications must be submitted electronically via Grant Connect by 04:00pm on March 18 2021 as outlined in the NIPG Grant Guidelines.
Applicants must submit all of the following documentation to satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- NIPG Cover Page including: Your Australian passport number. If you are not an Australian citizen, please provide your nationality and passport number and your Australian permanent residency/visa number.
- NIPG Research Proposal - including: One-Page Project Budget, Postdoctoral Candidate CV and publications list and Research Advisor CV and publications list.
- Signed NIPG Research Advisor Confirmation of Commitment Form. (located in Addenda No.2)
- Signed NIPG University Commitment for Sponsored Research Form. (located in Addenda No.2)
The Application Pack includes:
- NIPG Application Process
- NIPG 2021 Research Topics
- NIPG Grant Guidelines 2021
- NIPG Cover Page
- NIPG Research Proposal Template
- NIPG Research Advisor Confirmation of Commitment Form
- NIPG University Commitment for Sponsored Research Form
As of 17/02/21, several documents have been uploaded (Addenda No. 2) including a Draft Grant Agreement, updated University Commitment for Sponsored Research Form and Research Advisor Confirmation of Commitment Form. Updates have also been made to the Grant Guidelines clarifying that Postdoctoral Candidates and their proposed research must be sponsored by You as an Accredited Australian University. The sponsoring accredited Australian University will be expected to engage the Postdoctoral Candidate full-time if the application is successful (see Section 1 and 4). Please also note that The Grant will be paid in a single instalment by Us before the end of the 2020-2021 Financial Year (see Section 10.2).