Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4834
Indigenous Languages and Arts - Open Grant Round 2021
1800 006 992
Show close time for other time zones
The overarching outcome of the ILA Program is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA Program supports three key outcomes:
• the empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to preserve and teach their culture through languages and arts
• a strong sense of cultural identity and wellbeing in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, which contributes to sustainable and strong communities
• celebration and increased recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and arts in the wider Australian community
To be eligible you must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be registered for the purposes of GST
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
• be one of the following entity types:
• an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
• an organisation established through specific Commonwealth or State or Territory legislation
• a company incorporated in Australia
• a company limited by guarantee
• an incorporated association
• a not-for-profit organisation
• a partnership (as defined in the Glossary)
• a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
• a publicly funded research organisation
• An Australian state, territory or local government body
• have no overdue acquittals or serious breaches relating to Australian Government funding (a serious breach is one that has resulted in, or warrants, the termination of a grant agreement)
• not be bankrupt or subject to insolvency proceedings (as relevant to the entity type)
Where applicable, we will review your funding history, including your performance delivering projects and achieving outcomes, and your financial and performance reporting history.
Organisations can apply as a consortium provided they nominate a lead organisation that also meets the eligibility criteria above – See Section 7.3.
Entities that do not meet the eligibility requirements above are able to apply through an eligible auspicing body – see Section 7.3 of the program guidelines for more information.
Earliest start date of grant activity or agreement is 1 October 2021.
Applications must be lodged through SmartyGrants, which can be accessed through the link https://arts.smartygrants.com.au/ILAO2021. Applications will not be accepted through any other format.
1800 006 992