Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5724
Specialist Elder Abuse Services
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a closed non-competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Protecting the Rights of Older Australians – Specialist Elder Abuse Services. The Australian Government has announced a total of up to $19.924 million (GST exclusive) over 4 years from 2022–23 to 2025–26 to extend specialist elder abuse support services.
The abuse of older Australians is a complex health and social problem that can have devastating physical, emotional and social consequences for older people, their families and communities. The objective of the program is to improve the government’s knowledge of, and expand its options to respond to elder abuse in a variety of forms. The Specialist Elder Abuse Services will build upon the Elder Abuse Service Trials that commenced in 2018–19.
Services should aim to:
- be client-centred and client-led, enabling flexibility in the mode and point in time at which supports are provided
- address legal needs in ways that recognise that legal and social needs are interconnected for people at risk of or experiencing elder abuse
- be based on a therapeutic model with specific service features (for example, legal and financial supports) able to be provided as required
- provide case management or at minimum ongoing support beyond initial advice and referral, including through partnerships within and across services.
To be eligible to receive a grant, you must be one of the organisations listed in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
- Assessment of applications – Within 4 weeks from the closing date
- Approval of outcomes of selection process – Within 10 weeks from the closing date
- Outcome notification to applicants – Within 12 weeks from the closing date
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements – Within 18 weeks from the closing date
- Earliest start date of grant activity – February 2023
- End date of grant activity – June 2026.
By invitation only.