Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5172
Securing Raw Materials Program Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
The Securing Raw Materials Program provides businesses with up to $5 million to relocate or expand into regional Australia and partner with a regional university or research organisation to undertake research into, and/or development of, innovative and locally sourced raw material supplies (including establishing new suppliers or products and value adding to existing known supplies). The program recognises that establishing or securing a supply of raw materials is a crucial element of business success.
The program will:
- support research into and/or development of innovative and locally sourced raw material supplies and capitalise on a region’s comparative advantages
- increase economic activity, diversity and jobs in regional areas, including by establishing new industry sectors, businesses and suppliers
- support and strengthen partnerships between industry and regional universities and research organisations located in regional areas.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- industry growth and economic resilience in regional Australia
- stronger supply of, and access to, innovative and improved raw materials for industry
- increased research, investment and economic capacity in Australia’s regions.
There is a total of $29 million over four years available for this grant round.
Grants will be from $250,000 to $5,000,000. The grant amount will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
- have at least 10 full-time staff who will work in the new regional area.
Your project must:
- partner with a regional university or research organisation to research and/or develop innovative or improved locally sourced raw materials
- have at least $500,000 in eligible expenditure
- include your business relocating or expanding from a capital city to a regional area or expand from a regional area into a different regional area.
Eligible activities may include:
- research and/or development of:
- new or improved raw materials
- methods of processing or growing raw materials
- technologies to produce raw materials
- new uses for existing raw materials
- commercialising research outcomes
- establishing a new facility to process, use or add value to raw materials in the first 12 months of your project.
Check full eligibility details in sections 4 and 5 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $250,000.00 to $5,000,000.00
This grant opportunity will open for application on 6 Jan 2022.
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/srmp2
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.