Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5953
Disability Employment – Tourism Local Navigators Pilot
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications in an open process to deliver Tourism Local Navigator services under the Disability Employment – Tourism Local Navigators Pilot in eligible locations from 1 July 2023 to 1 June 2024.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to help small and medium sized (SME) tourism businesses address barriers they have previously identified in recruiting, retaining and progressing employees and jobseekers with disability including:
- lack of time or capability to recruit people with disability
- confusion on how or where to seek support
- preferential use of local networks to source employees.
The outcomes of the Pilot will include:
- building tourism SME’s capability, disability confidence and workplace accessibility through industry tailored approaches and resources
- reforming workplace culture and employment practices
- connecting tourism businesses to existing disability resources, supports and specialist information
- sustainable job creation for people with a disability looking to participate in the labour market through workplace preparedness and targeted on the job training and supports.
To be eligible you must:
- be an eligible entity type, and
- operate in one of the identified priority employment regions.
Please see sections 4 and 5 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines respectively.
Assessment of applications - 4 weeks
Approval of outcomes of selection process - 4 weeks
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - Up to 6 weeks
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - 2 weeks
Anticipated start date of grant activity - July 2023
End date of grant activity - June 2024
To apply you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- complete all required templates
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application/s to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on 21 February 2023.
- Questions and Answers document verson 3