Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5829
Native Title Anthropologist Grant Program 2022 to 2025
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations in an open process to apply to deliver services under Program 1.4 Justice Services.
The Native Title Anthropologist Grant Program 2022 to 2025 (the program) seeks to increase native title anthropology capacity by supporting native title anthropologists working in the system. This facilitates native title parties having access to qualified and experienced anthropologists, to support the resolution of native title claims, the effective management of native title, and post-determination and compensation efforts.
This work supports the recognition and protection of native title for First Nations people. The determination of native title contributes to land tenure certainty, which is critical to achieving economic growth for First Nations Australians and Australia generally.
The program will run over 3 years from 2022–23 to 2024–25. Successful grant recipients can apply to rollover timeframes for spending funding to the 2023–24 financial year.
To be eligible, you must be one of the following entity types:
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Local Government Entity
- Non-corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Sole Trader
- Statutory Entity.
- Assessment of applications–within 11 weeks from closing date
- Approval of outcomes of selection process–within 13 weeks from closing date
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants–within 14 weeks from closing date
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements–within 22 weeks from closing date
- Earliest start date of grant activity–March 2023
- End date of grant activity–30 June 2025.
To apply, the applicant must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on 29 November 2022.
Please use the latest version:
GO5829 - Grant Opportunity Guidelines - 8 November 2022
GO5829 - Questions and Answers - 24 November 2022
Addenda 2 - Sample Grant Agreement - 10 November 2022