Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6325
The Prime Minister's Prizes for Science 2024 – Science Prizes
Show close time for other time zones
The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science are Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded awards for outstanding achievements in:
- scientific research
- research-based innovation
- excellence in science teaching
The prizes will award up to $750,000 each year for outstanding achievements. Information on the prizes for science teaching is on our Science Teaching Prizes page.The Science Prizes recognise the achievements and success of Australian scientists and innovators, and benefits to both Australia and the rest of the world.
We welcome nominations of diverse candidates and those from a different range of backgrounds and geographical regions.
There are 5 science prizes for science and innovation:
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Science ($250,000)
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Innovation ($250,000)
- Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year ($50,000)
- Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year ($50,000)
- Prize for New Innovators ($50,000)
Each prize recipient receives a medallion, lapel pin, prize money as described above and an award certificate.
To be eligible for a Science Prize, a nominee must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia (nominees currently living or studying overseas are not precluded from being nominated)
- not be self-nominated
- not be nominated in more than one prize category. Where a nominee is nominated in more than one category, the department will ask the nominee to select a single nomination to pursue
- meet the specific eligibility criteria for the nominated prize.
Prize nominees do not need to be a member of a professional association or have received any prior award to be eligible.
For more information on eligibility criteria, including for nominees, nominators, supporters and independent referees please refer to section 4 of the Prime Minister's Prizes for Science - Science Prizes guidelines.
From $50,000.00 to $250,000.00
To apply, go to: business.gov.au/pmprizesscience