Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5783
Industry Laureate Fellowships for funding commencing in 2023
(02) 6287 6600
Show close time for other time zones
The Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme creates a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researchers to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill-building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
The Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme objectives are to:
- develop a strong pipeline of researchers in Australia with capabilities in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation;
- open up and maintain a diversity of career pathways traversing university and industry settings;
- increase strategic engagement and alignment between universities and industry;
- contribute to the solving of industry-identified challenges and opportunities; and
- create commercial, economic and other benefits for Australia through enhanced translation and commercialisation, including the development of start-up companies.
The intended outcomes of the Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme are:
- provide leadership in the development of high quality and impactful collaborations between university and industry personnel;
- fund significant programs of research that deliver step-changes across a variety of industry settings;
- provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture the development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills among early career researchers and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students; and
- attract and retain, within Australia, outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation with demonstrated capacity for collaboration, commercialisation and/or translation.
The new Industry Fellowships Program is significantly streamlined in its approach. Eligible Organisations are responsible for certifying that each of their applications is eligible. The Industry Fellowships Program has reduced the number of specific eligibility requirements.
An application may only be submitted through the Research Office of an Eligible Organisation listed in the Grant Guidelines. The application must nominate at least one Industry Laureate Fellow, request funding for a minimum of two PDRAs and two PGRs and nominate one Key Industry Partner.
You may apply for an Industry Laureate Fellowship on behalf of an Australian or international Industry Fellowship candidate.
A previous recipient of an Industry Laureate Fellowship is not eligible to apply for another grant under the Industry Fellowship Program.
An application may be applied for and awarded funding for a minimum of four to a maximum of five consecutive years.
From $1,779,464.00 to $3,766,590.00
The Application must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation, unless requested by the Australian Research Council (ARC).
The ARC reserves the right to change these criteria in future funding rounds. Grant Guidelines for all ARC schemes may be found attached to the relevant Grant Opportunity.
Administering Organisations must submit applications through the Research Management System (RMS) unless otherwise advised by the ARC.
All applications must meet the format and content requirements, including certification, as set out in the RMS online form and the Instructions to Applicants for Industry Laureate Fellowships for funding commencing in 2023.
The RMS is a web-based system used to prepare and submit research applications and assessments for the ARC’s National Competitive Grants Program. Registered users can login using your email address and password at https://rms.arc.gov.au. To request a new account, please go to https://rms.arc.gov.au and click on the Request New Account link.
All queries by researchers should be directed to the Administering Organisation of the application.
(02) 6287 6600