Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5658
Community Child Care Fund Restricted (CCCFR) non-competitive grant opportunity (for specified services)
Show close time for other time zones
Please note the closing date has been extended to 31 March 2023.
The Australian Government has announced a package of early childhood measures as part of the Australian Government’s commitment to achieving Closing the Gap targets. The department will be working in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peak bodies, communities and services to expand the CCCFR program.
The funding announced to expand the CCCFR program will include the establishment of up to 20 new early childhood education and care (ECEC) services in mainly remote communities. Additional funding of $29.9 million over 4 years has been allocated for this expansion, on top of approximately $55 million per annum expended in the existing CCCFR program.
Identification of new CCCFR sites will be informed by data on service gaps and in consultation with peak bodies, State and Territory governments and other key Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders. The expanded program aims to support eligible ECEC services build capacity and operate sustainably under the childcare system and increase participation by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in culturally appropriate ECEC.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, a provider must be one of the organisations identified through the community consultation process and have been invited to apply by the department.
- Assessment of applications – Commencing on round closure
- Approval of outcomes of selection process – 4 weeks
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements – 1 to 3 weeks
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants – 2 weeks
- Earliest start date of grant activity – December 2022
- End date of grant activity or agreement – Subject to individual agreements.
By invitation only.
Please refer to:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines (GOGs) version 2
- Notice of Grant Opportunity Guidelines text updates which identifies changes made to the GOGs.