Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4573
MRFF – TBI Mission – 2020 Traumatic Brain Injury Mission Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Show close time for other time zones
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Traumatic Brain Injury Mission aims to accelerate Australian TBI research that develops and delivers innovative and effective treatments that substantially and equitably optimise and improve outcomes for people who experience TBI, in partnership with people with TBI and carers.
The objectives of the MRFF – TBI Mission – 2020 Traumatic Brain Injury Mission grant opportunity are outlined in the five Streams listed in the grant guidelines.
The intended outcome of the research is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1 (Incubator): supporting the development of more effective, evidence-based care for moderate to severe TBI through increased knowledge
- Stream 2 (Incubator): supporting health care providers to consistently deliver best practice treatment and care for moderate to severe TBI
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): reducing the extent of harm caused by moderate to severe TBI by improving acute care practice
- Stream 4 (Incubator): supporting health care providers to consistently deliver best practice treatments and care for mild TBI
- Stream 5 (Targeted Call for Research): identifying strategies for improving community awareness of TBI and responses to people living with TBI.
Applicants to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the five Streams only. Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health website.
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC approved Administering Institutions. A list of NHMRC approved Administering Institutions is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the NHMRC’s Administering Institutions list on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – TBI Mission – 2020 Traumatic Brain Injury Mission Grant Guidelines
From $0.00 to $1,000,000.00
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the Administering Institution that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the Institution might have.
There will be two separate application forms in Sapphire to select from for Stream 1 and Streams 2-5.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 17 Feb 2021.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 24 Feb 2021.
NHMRC Research Help Centre