Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6687
Improving Health Outcomes for Priority Populations of Women and Girls – Health Promotion Activities
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity will contribute to implementation of the National Women’s Health Strategy 2020-2030 (the Strategy) which outlines a national approach to improving health outcomes for all women and girls, particularly those at greatest risk of poor health.
The 2022-23 March Budget allocated funds for community-led initiatives and organisations to support the health of disadvantaged and marginalised Australian women and girls (as per page 114 of the 2022-23 Budget Paper No 2).
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support innovative approaches to trialling new initiatives, or expanding existing health promotion activities that focus on improving health literacy, reducing risk, and improving health outcomes within priority population groups (as identified in the Strategy). Preference will be given to initiatives that address clear unmet health needs as identified in the Strategy.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- improve women and girl’s health among priority population groups;
- improve women and girl’s access to health information, regardless of location, socio-economic status, age, background or disability;
- reduce the incidence of preventable mortality and morbidity caused by health inequalities and specific women’s population group health issues; and
- improve health literacy among priority population groups of women and girls, including increased understanding of risk and opportunities for improving health.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red Grant Opportunity Documents button on the left-hand side.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the purposes of GST;
- be a permanent resident of Australia;
- have an account with an Australian financial institution.
and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation (registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006);
- Incorporated Association;
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Statutory Entity; or
If you are applying as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust, the Trustee must have an eligible entity type as listed above.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above.
To be eligible you must satisfy the criteria in section 4 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $250,000.00 to $1,500,000.00
Submit the completed application form and all necessary attachments by the closing date and time via the red Submit Application button on the left-hand side.
You should keep a copy of your application and any supporting documents. Registered users will receive an automated email notification acknowledging the receipt of the submission.
For technical assistance when submitting your application through GrantConnect please contact the GrantConnect Helpdesk:
- Phone: 1300 484 145
- Email: GrantConnect@finance.gov.au
Note: There are three Application Forms available for this Grant Opportunity. Applicants may use either to fill in and submit. The department will accept both. See Addendum 1 and 2 as part of the Grant Opportunity Documents for further detail.
Applicant/s should follow the below instructions to upload their application:
- Filename(s) do not exceed 100 characters.
- Any file type can be submitted to GrantConnect.
- Refrain from using special characters. These include, but are not limited to, colon, forward and back slash, question marks, en and em dash.
- A maximum of five (5) separate files can be submitted at one time.
- Do not include macros or password protect applications or attachments.