Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4592
The Prime Minister's Prizes for Science - Science Teaching Prize
Show close time for other time zones
The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science are Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded awards for outstanding achievements in:
- scientific research
- research-based innovation
- excellence in science teaching
The prizes will award up to $750,000 in total each year. Information on the prizes for scientists and innovators is on our Science Prizes page.
The Science Teaching Prizes recognise Australian science educators for excellence in science teaching. We welcome nominations of diverse candidates and those from a range of backgrounds and geographical regions.
There are 2 science teaching prizes:
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Primary Schools ($50,000)
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools ($50,000)
To be eligible for a science teaching prize a nominee must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have completed their teaching achievement (that they’re being nominated for) in Australia
- not self-nominate
- be a full-time or part-time teacher at a primary or secondary school listed on the Australian Schools List
- be active in teaching science, mathematics or technology in the classroom at the time of their nomination
Nominees do not need to be a member of a professional association or have received any prior award to be eligible.
Check the full eligibility criteria for each prize in section 4 of the grant opportunity guidelines – science teaching prizes.
From $50,000.00 to $50,000.00
To apply go to: https://www.business.gov.au/pmprizesteaching