Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO4758
Younger People in Residential Aged Care (YPIRAC) System Coordinator Program
Show close time for other time zones
This program seeks to provide younger people and their families with targeted support to navigate the disability, housing, health and aged care systems to access age-appropriate accommodation and services that addresses their goals and best meets their needs.
We are seeking one organisation, or a consortium, to develop and implement the program nationally. The successful organisation will:
- manage a YPIRAC System Coordinator workforce not exceeding 40 Full-Time-Equivalent positions;
- receive information from the Department of Health providing contact information for existing YPIRAC, supplied under a data release certificate;
- be proactive in seeking out younger people who need their services, including through engaging with YPIRAC peak organisations, State and Territory health and disability services, Aged Care Assessment Teams, hospital discharge planners and aged care providers;
- establish effective local networks in order to assist younger people at risk of entry to residential aged care (RAC), as well as constructive partnerships with aged care providers who currently care for younger residents;
- initially focus on engaging with younger people who are not National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants to identify their goals and assist them to access services at the interface between health, housing, aged care, and disability services across Commonwealth and state/territory systems;
- provide specialist training to their workers, focusing on engagement and negotiation skills, knowledge of housing, health, disability and aged care markets and providers as well as care planning and coordination and working across multiple government, community and mainstream service systems; and
- prepare a research report and provide this to the department.
To view the Grant Opportunity documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
We cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy all the eligibility criteria. We cannot provide a grant if you receive funding from another government source for the same or largely similar purpose. To be eligible to apply you must be an organisation as listed in Section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines. Priority will be given to organisations that can demonstrate the following:
- existing knowledge of and engagement with the YPIRAC cohort; and/or
- existing knowledge of or experience with facilitating access to Commonwealth and state/territory service systems and community and provider services delivered at the interface between health, disability, housing and aged care sectors such as access to complex health care in the community, or access to specialised disability services; and/or
- demonstrated capacity to deliver consistent System Coordinator services nationally, including through consortia arrangements (see also section 7.2 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines); and/or
- demonstrated capacity to comply with the data release certificate including having secure and access-controlled data management systems and protocols.
Submit your application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au with the email subject line “GO4758 Application” followed by your organisation’s name.
If you do not receive an email (including auto reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.