Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5049
Quality Use of Pathology Program - Project Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Quality Use of Pathology Program (QUPP) is a longstanding pathology quality program that was established in 1999. QUPP was established to support the pathology sector in the pursuit of continued improvements and to encourage innovation in pathology related practices, amongst requesters/referrers, providers and consumers of pathology services. Projects funded under the QUPP align with the strategic direction of the National Pathology Accreditation Program which forms the other part of the pathology quality program managed by the Australian Government.
The QUPP Project Grants opportunity will prioritise projects that contribute towards the improvement of the delivery, management and/or consumption of Medicare pathology services, and address one or more of the three key QUPP objectives.
The objectives of the QUPP Program are:
- Quality Pathology Practice: To support professional practice standards that meet consumer and referrer needs and provide evidence-based, best practice, quality-assured services that are safe, cost effective and efficient;
- Quality Referrals (Requesting/Ordering): To support referral practices that are informed and facilitated by best practice professional relationships and protocols between referrers and providers; that are informed by evidence; that maximise health benefits; and that inform and engage consumers; and
- Quality Consumer Services: To develop and improve consumer-focussed, accessible and coordinated services that promote informed choice and meet consumer needs.
Please note: There is also a grant opportunity available under QUPP for organisations seeking Conference Sponsorship Grants. Details of that grant opportunity can be found at GO5050.
To view the Grant Opportunity Guidelines, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left hand side
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the purposes of GST;
- be a permanent resident of Australia; and
- have an account with an Australian financial institution;
and be one of the following organisation types:
- professional medical college;
- universities or higher education organisations;
- a company incorporated in Australia;
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust; and
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation.
Further information on eligibility is included in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Submit your application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au with the email subject line “GO5049 Application” followed by your organisation’s name.
If you do not receive an email (including auto reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.