Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4908
Residential Aged Care COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Support Grant
Show close time for other time zones
The Residential Aged Care Employee Support Grant seeks to support the Residential Aged Care Sector (the Sector) in ensuring that all staff within a residential aged care facility are able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine whilst minimising the financial impact on the residential aged care provider and the individual employee. The program will contribute towards costs incurred by eligible residential aged care providers (Providers) supplying or facilitating COVID-19 vaccinations for staff. Providers can apply for financial support in any or all of the following three categories:
- Category 1: payment for each casual staff member’s off-site vaccination (maximum of 2 doses/payments per casual staff member). This payment is a contribution towards the time casual staff are absent from the facility to receive their COVID-19 vaccination at an off-site vaccination clinic; and/or
- Category 2: one day of paid leave for casual staff (not eligible for entitlements) receiving an on or off-site vaccination, who was rostered on for a shift within 24-48hrs after receiving a vaccination, but suffered side effects from the vaccination and were unable to attend work for this reason; and/or
- Category 3: facilitation of either on or off-site vaccinations for all staff (e.g. transport costs or arranging for groups of staff to be vaccinated off-site).
Eligible employees include:
- Categories 1, 2 and 3: casual staff for whom the residential aged care facility is their primary place of employment in the aged care sector and have been rostered on in the preceding four weeks, unless they were on annual or sick leave.
- Category 3: all staff directly employed by the Provider.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
To be eligible you must be:
- an approved Residential Aged Care Provider ; and/or
- a State Government funded or operated Residential Aged Care Facility; and/or
- an National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) service provider.
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, eligible applicants must satisfy the criteria below:
- have operational places/beds at the time of this grant opportunity; and
- aged care facilities needing to facilitate an on or off-site COVID-19 vaccination program for employees.
Submit your application by the closing date and time using the online application form link located via the "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
Once you have submitted your application using the online application form link you will receive an automatic email with your Submission Reference ID. Retain this number if you wish to query your application with the Department.
Note the 2mb limit per attachment in the application form. Multiple files/documents should be scanned into a single document. Compressed or zip files are not accepted. File names must be unique and not include foreign characters.