Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5254
COVID-19 Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program (Phase 3)
Show close time for other time zones
The LRCI Program Phase 3 will run from 1 January 2022 to 30 June 2023. The Program was announced as part of the 2021-22 Federal Budget.
The LRCI Program Phase 3 aims to continue to assist a community-led recovery from COVID-19 by supporting local jobs, firms, and procurement. It expected that councils will use local businesses and workforces to deliver projects under the LRCI Program where possible to ensure stimulus funding flows into local communities.
The scope of LRCI Program Phase 3 supports a broad range of Eligible Projects so communities can fund the infrastructure that they need, support businesses and create employment opportunities across their communities.
The objective of the LRCI Program Phase 3 is to stimulate additional infrastructure construction activity in local communities across Australia to assist communities to manage the economic impacts of COVID-19.
The intended outcomes of the LRCI Program Phase 3 are to:
- provide stimulus to protect and create local short-term employment opportunities through funded projects following the impacts of the COVID-19; and
- deliver benefits to communities, such as improved road safety, accessibility and visual amenity.
The Eligible Funding Recipients for this grant program have been pre-identified. They are:
- all local councils in Australia:
- the ACT Government in lieu of a system of local government;
- relevant state government, the shires of Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island and the Lord Howe Island Board that provide local council services to ‘unincorporated areas’ in Australia;
- the NT Government for areas that were unincorporated until 2008 but are yet to transferred to the new councils; and
- the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning for the French Island.
From $19,912.00 to $23,420,007.00
The Grantees for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program Phase 3 have been pre-identified. Eligible Funding Recipients will receive a Grant Agreement to participate in for the program, which they must sign and return.
This grant program is not open to applications.