Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5106
Strong and Resilient Communities (SARC) Activity – Inclusive Communities Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications in an open process to apply to deliver services under the Families and Communities Program – Strong and Resilient Communities (SARC) Activity – Inclusive Communities Grants from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2024.
These Grants aim to support vulnerable and disadvantaged people to participate socially and economically through local community-driven solutions that build self-reliance and empowerment. The Grants will focus on supporting people of working age (15-64 years) in geographic areas of high socio-economic disadvantage across all states and territories. This includes addressing barriers to participating in community activities, reducing social isolation, developing soft skills and promoting social and economic participation through funding projects that support:
- the development of young people aged 12-18 who are, or are at risk of, disengagement, marginalisation and having limited engagement with education/training.
- people with disabilities and/or mental health issues to participate in their community, and become/remain independent and engaged.
- vulnerable women who are, or at risk of, isolation or discrimination to participate in their community and increase their sense of self agency and empowerment.
- people who are unemployed to address individual barriers to employment and increase their capacity to engage with existing employment/training services and/or work towards gaining employment.
To be eligible to apply for a SARC Activity - Inclusive Communities Grant you must be a not-for-profit organisation and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a trust .
- Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above.
Your organisation must also be:
- a legal entity, able to enter into a legally binding agreement
- located in Australia.
To apply go to the application form here