Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5123
Strengthening Remote Communities – Food Security Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Strengthening Remote Communities – Food Security Grant Opportunity will help at-risk community stores to provide nutritious food and essential groceries to remote Indigenous communities. This includes increasing capacity to withstand supply shortages such as those experienced during extreme weather, road closures, regional product shortages or pandemic outbreaks. The objectives of the grant opportunity are, for remote Indigenous community stores, to:
- improve the range, quantity, quality and/or affordability of nutritious foods and essential groceries
- improve access to and continuity of power
- improve stock monitoring and replenishing capability
- strengthen supply chains and distribution infrastructure
- improve or expanding appropriate and secure storage (cold and dry)
- upgrade or acquiring equipment and/or minor infrastructure, and/or
- improve store management, governance and/or financial performance and viability.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- improve food security and reliable access to essential items in at-risk remote and very remote Indigenous communities; and
- improve the performance and financial viability of stores experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, significant barriers to providing continuous and accessible supplies of nutritious food and other essential items to remote and very remote Indigenous communities.
For guidance in determining your eligibility to apply for funding under the Indigenous Advancement Strategy Strengthening Remote Communities – Food Security Funding Round. Please refer to the Eligibility criteria set out in Section 4 of the attached Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
The Agency aims to notify you of the outcome of your application within 90 days of the grant round closing.
From $0.00 to $500,000.00
Applications for funding must be submitted using the application form found here: https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=PRD00-NIAA21&FRID=4-GDHHCFB&RegID=4-GDPORLO
ll material should be read in conjunction with the Strengthening Remote Communities – Food Security Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
A regularly updated Food Security Grant - Frequently Asked Questions document is also included on GrantConnect along with the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.