Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5316
Indigenous Contemporary Music Program 2022
Show close time for other time zones
The Indigenous Contemporary Music program supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander musicians and bands. It provides opportunities and skills to develop ongoing income and employment pathways in the music industry.
The program will fund Indigenous-led organisations who provide professional industry-based opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander musicians and bands. To receive funding under this program, an organisation must:
- be fully or partially owned, governed, staffed or advised by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- have a history of good governance and sound financial management over an extended period, and
- have capacity and expertise to design and deliver a development program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander musicians and bands.
To be eligible an organisation must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be permanently established in Australia
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
• comply with all regulatory, industry and legal requirements in relation to copyright, licensing and employment,
and be one of the following entity types:
• an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
• a company incorporated in Australia
• a company incorporated by guarantee
• an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
• an incorporated association
• a partnership
• a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
• an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
• an arts or cultural heritage unit of an Australian local, state or territory government body
• a sole trader with employees.
The 2021-22 funding round of the Indigenous Contemporary Music program is for activities commencing after 1 April 2022.
For further information on how to apply please see, https://arts.smartygrants.com.au/ICMP2022