Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5116
International Freight Assistance Mechanism
Show close time for other time zones
IFAM is a temporary emergency measure that helps restore global supply chains to provide pathways for Australian businesses to continue to trade internationally during the pandemic.
Australian businesses need to use the time now to review their operating models and with the temporary support of IFAM, adjust to a new trading environment.
The grants are for those freight companies or airlines working to:
- export Australian high-value and time-sensitive perishable products,
- export or import items deemed to be in the national interest by the Freight Controller (including medical supplies, medicines and equipment to support Australia’s health response), as approved by the Freight Controller or their delegate
We may also consider whether the product:
- could not be sent by an alternative to airfreight without losing its essential product characteristics or value
- has a limited shelf life or is required to meet a sudden or immediate need.
To be eligible to receive a grant the prospective grantee must be providing freight forwarding services or airfreight services for eligible products on behalf of an Australian business/company which must (eligible business):
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
The prospective grantee must be able to demonstrate they are providing freight forwarding services or airfreight services by stipulating shipment and freight details, as well as product information about eligible products.
To be eligible, the grant activity must be for airfreight on:
- an incoming or outgoing international flight into or out from Australia carrying items of national interest (including medical supplies, medicines and equipment to support Australia’s health response) as approved by the Freight Controller or their delegate; or
- an outgoing international flight carrying Australian eligible products to key international markets for that product, which was requested by, and arranged in conjunction with, an Australian exporter of that product; and
a domestic connecting flight in Australia, but only where there is no practical international flight:
- for exports - from near the Australian point of origin; or
- for imports - to near the Australian destination.
To apply you must:
- complete the online SmartyGrants application form on https://IFAM.smartygrants.com.au/exportgrantst5 or
- for import grants or complex export grants contact IFAM@austrade.gov.au prior to commencing the application
- In all cases:
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments