Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5069
Community Broadcasting Program Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Community Broadcasting Program (the Program) will run over four years from 2021-22 to 2024-25.
The purpose of the Program is to support a diverse, innovative and resilient community broadcasting sector. The expected outcomes of the program will be increased media diversity and social inclusion through investment in the community broadcasting sector. The program will also aim to enhance opportunities for media training and skills development.
The Government provides funding to a third party grants Administrator (the Grantee) to support Community Broadcasting organisations via a grant opportunity (the Opportunity).
The Grantee’s role is to act as the independent non-profit funding agency on behalf of the Commonwealth for the maintenance and development of Australian community broadcasting. In undertaking its role, the Grantee provides support to community radio and television broadcasting, and related online activities, and assistance to support community digital radio broadcasting activities. The Grantee is expected to promote the effective, efficient and ethical use of the grant funds, consistent with the objectives of the Opportunity.
To apply you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- be a permanent resident of Australia
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be a company incorporated in Australia
- be a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation with Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- be a community media organisation with extensive experience in grants administration and sector development and investment
- not be a recipient of final grant funding for the Community Broadcasting sector as outlined under section 5.1 of the guidelines. The grantee will only receive funding through an administration levy (section 5.3), to cover the costs of administering the program.
2021-22FY to 2024-25FY
Before applying, you must read and understand the program guidelines and the sample grant agreement. These documents may be found at GrantConnect. Any alterations and addenda will be published on GrantConnect and by registering on this website, you will be automatically notified on any changes. GrantConnect is the authoritative source for grants information.