Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5091
MRFF – Cardiovascular Health Mission – 2021 Cardiovascular Health Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Show close time for other time zones
The MRFF Cardiovascular Health Mission’s intent is to accelerate Australian-led research to advance cardiovascular health through the creation of a world-class sustainable eco-system underpinned by excellence, collaboration, innovation, consumer engagement and commercialisation, and embedded in the health care system.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): improve understanding of cardiovascular disease risk, including biological mechanisms
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): support effective adoption and adherence of preventive health interventions for cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): accelerates equitable patient access to best care that results in best possible outcomes
- Stream 4 (Incubator): conduct small-scale development projects will establish feasible, evidence-based approaches for identifying and targeting personalised lifelong care approaches, to prevent further stroke or heart events
- Stream 5 (Incubator): conduct small-scale development projects will establish feasible, evidence-based approaches for developing new treatments for recovery with better understanding of the biology of recovery, leading to improved monitoring and new treatments.
Applicants to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the five Streams of research. An application may be submitted to one of the above five Streams only. Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health website
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC approved Eligible Organisations. A list of NHMRC approved Eligible Organisations is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the NHMRC’s Eligible Organisations list on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2021 Cardiovascular Health Mission – Cardiovascular Health Grant Opportunity
For Streams 1-3: within 3 years of execution of the grant agreement
For Streams 4-5: within 2 years of execution of the grant agreement
From $200,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the Eligible Organisation that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the Organisation might have.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 9 February 2022.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 16 February 2022.
NHMRC Research Help Centre