Current Grant Opportunity View - GO224
Centre for Defence Industry Capability - Capability Improvement Grants
The Government has announced on 15 October 2021 that the Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority Grant and Capability Improvement Grant programs have now closed for applications for the 2021-22 financial year. For more information read the media release.
A business can apply for a Capability Improvement Grant to cover up to 80% of the cost of engaging a consultant or expert to implement business improvements. As part of their grant application the business must include a proposal and quote from a service provider.
The business improvements will be set out in an advisory services report provided to the business by the CDIC.
As a potential service provider, your proposal and quote should:
- align with the recommendations outlined in the CDIC’s advisory services report
- clearly set out the objectives, purpose and expected benefits you intend to deliver as part of the Capability Improvement Grant project
To be eligible you must:
- be a small to medium enterprise (SME) with less than 200 employees
- be applying to implement recommendations identified by your CDIC business adviser in your advisory service report
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
We can only accept applications:
- where you apply within 12 months of receiving a CDIC advisory service report
- if you have successfully applied for a Capability Improvement Grant within the 6 month timeframe you can apply for further supplementary grants up to 12 months from the date you received the advisory service report.
To be eligible your project must:
- sufficiently improve the capability, capacity or sustainability of your business to meet Defence’s need for a product or service
- have a clear link to a recommendation identified in your CDIC advisory service report
- engage a provider that is external to your business to provide a service
- not have commenced or had any costs incurred prior to notification that your application is successful
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure.
From $5,000.00 to $250,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/cdic-cig.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.