Current Grant Opportunity View - GO224
Centre for Defence Industry Capability - Capability Improvement Grants
A business can apply for a Capability Improvement Grant to cover up to 80% of the cost of engaging a consultant or expert to implement business improvements. As part of their grant application the business must include a proposal and quote from a service provider.
The business improvements will be set out in an advisory services report provided to the business by the CDIC.
As a potential service provider, your proposal and quote should:
- align with the recommendations outlined in the CDIC’s advisory services report
- clearly set out the objectives, purpose and expected benefits you intend to deliver as part of the Capability Improvement Grant project
To be eligible you must:
- be a small to medium enterprise (SME) with less than 200 employees
- be applying to implement recommendations identified by your CDIC business adviser in your advisory service report
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
We can only accept applications:
- where you apply within 12 months of receiving a CDIC advisory service report
- if you have successfully applied for a Capability Improvement Grant within the 6 month timeframe you can apply for further supplementary grants up to 12 months from the date you received the advisory service report.
To be eligible your project must:
- sufficiently improve the capability, capacity or sustainability of your business to meet Defence’s need for a product or service
- have a clear link to a recommendation identified in your CDIC advisory service report
- engage a provider that is external to your business to provide a service
- not have commenced or had any costs incurred prior to notification that your application is successful
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure.
From $5,000.00 to $250,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/cdic-cig.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.