Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4689
Modern Manufacturing Initiative – Manufacturing Integration Stream – Defence Priority – Round 1
Show close time for other time zones
The Manufacturing Integration Stream will support projects that integrate Australian businesses into domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets and fostering Australia’s reputation as a modern manufacturing leader. It will encourage and facilitate linkages between local businesses and domestic and international firms, increasing scale, supply capacity, and the ability to innovate. It will also facilitate the adoption of product standards and greater sharing and transfer of knowledge.
Growing the defence industrial base is a key priority for the Australian Government and Australian manufacturers are in a prime position to take advantage of the increased domestic and global investments in Defence capabilities. The numerous acquisition and sustainment opportunities that will come from these investments will support manufacturers to:
- make up a greater share of the defence supply chain by manufacturing the components and capabilities required for Defence acquisition and sustainment projects
- diversify their customer base and enter new markets beyond the Australian Defence Force
- contribute to some of the world’s most advanced supply chains and export to allies or likeminded countries.
For the Modern Manufacturing Initiative’s Translation and Integration Stream grant opportunities, an initial combined total of approximately $140 million is available from 2020-21 to 2023-24 across all the National Manufacturing Priorities.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be non-tax-exempt
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups and a trading corporation, where your trading activities:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
You must also:
- have a project that aligns with the Defence National Manufacturing Priority area
- have a minimum of $2 million in eligible project expenditure
- be able to provide evidence that your project is supported by your board (or Chief Executive Officer or equivalent if there is no board)
- be able to provide evidence that you can meet the costs of the project not covered by the grant funding.
The Grant opportunity guidelines provide further detail on eligibility.
All projects must be completed by 31 March 2024.
From $1,000,000.00 to $20,000,000.00
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/mmii
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.