Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5819
Industrial Transformation Research Hubs for funding commencing in 2023
Show close time for other time zones
Research Hubs engage Australia's best researchers to develop collaborative solutions to the strategic priorities. The focus is on the creation of industry and academic partnerships working together on research and development projects to create innovative and transformative solutions for industry.
The current Industrial Transformation Priorities are:
- Advanced Manufacturing;
- Cyber Security;
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness;
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals;
- Mining Equipment, Resources Technology and Services, Critical Minerals Processing;
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources;
- Recycling and Clean Energy;
- Defence; and
The objectives of the Industrial Transformation Research Hubs grant opportunity are to:
- support collaborative research projects between universities and organisations outside the Australian higher education sector that involve cutting-edge research on new technologies; and
- leverage national and international investment in targeted industry sectors, including from industry and other research end-users.
An application may only be submitted through the Research Office of an Eligible Organisations listed in the relevant grant guidelines.
All individuals named in an application must satisfy the eligibility criteria for the role they are to perform as at the grant commencement date and for the duration of the project activity period.
Roles that named participants may be nominated for under IH22 are:
- Research Hub Director
- Chief Investigator
- Partner Investigator
Applications must nominate the following named participants to be eligible:
- Research Hub Director, who is an eligible CI from the Administering Organisation
- At least one other CI from the Administering Organisation
- At least one CI from each Other Eligible Organisation
- At least one PI from each Partner Organisation
Applications must include at least one Australian Partner Organisation for a grant. An application may also include additional Partner Organisations, Other Eligible Organisations and Other Organisations.
Funding may be sought for between three and five consecutive years.
From $650,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
The Application must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed Project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation, unless requested by the ARC.
Applicants should note the eligibility criteria for access to other funding schemes, as expressed in the Grant Guidelines for those schemes. The ARC reserves the right to change these criteria in future funding rounds. Grant Guidelines for all ARC schemes may be found attached to the relevant Grant Opportunity.
Administering Organisations must submit Applications through RMS unless otherwise advised by the ARC.
All Applications must meet the format and content requirements, including certification, as set out in the RMS online form and in the Industrial Transformation Research Hubs Instructions to Applicants.
All queries by researchers should be directed to the administering organisation of the application