Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5103
MRFF - Genomics Health Futures Mission - 2021 Genomics Health Futures Mission Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
1800 500 983
Show close time for other time zones
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): develop disease-agnostic, high throughput and scalable functional genomics platforms to increase the diagnostic rate of unresolved cases and accelerate the development of experimental therapeutics
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): develop new models of genomic newborn screening
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): through a competitively selected national consortium, conduct research addressing emerging ethical, legal and social issues associated with the governance of clinical and genomic datasets
- Stream 4 (Targeted Call for Research): through a competitively selected national consortium, conduct research to develop effective approaches for responsible, culturally appropriate and nationally consistent involvement of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in genomics research and clinical practice
- Stream 5 (Targeted Call for Research): through a competitively selected national consortium, conduct research to enrich genomics databases to support the inclusion of culturally and linguistically diverse groups in genomics research, and equitable benefit from genomics in health
- Stream 6 (Incubator): conduct small-scale development projects to establish feasible, evidence-based approaches for population cohort research, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse groups, including:
- using the international landscape to inform an Australian approach
- identifying potential cohorts for analysis and integration
- identifying opportunities for Australian leadership and contribution.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health website.
Applications will only be accepted from approved MRFF Eligible Organisations. A list of approved MRFF Eligible Organisations is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the Approved MRFF Eligible Organisations list on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund - Genomics Health Futures Mission - 2021 Genomics Health Futures Mission Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
A person must not be named as a Chief Investigator (CI) on more than one application submitted to a Stream of this grant opportunity. If a Chief Investigator is named on more than one application submitted to a Stream, both applications will be considered ineligible.
The maximum project period in each Stream is as follows:
- Stream 1 (Targeted call for Research): five years
- Stream 2 (Targeted call for Research): five years
- Stream 3 (Targeted call for Research): five years
- Stream 4 (Targeted call for Research): five years
- Stream 5 (Targeted call for Research): five years
- Stream 6 (Incubator): two years.
From $0.00 to $10,000,000.00
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the MRFF Eligible Organisation that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the organisation might have.
Applicants must create a new application for this grant opportunity in Sapphire. There is one application form for Streams 1 and, 2 and 6 and a separate application form for Streams 3, 4 and 5. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that the relevant application form is completed in Sapphire.
Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on Wednesday 02 February 2022.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on Wednesday 09 February 2022.
NHMRC Research Help Centre
1800 500 983