Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5916
Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions 2023
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity provides organisations, such as schools and community groups, with funds to sponsor a student or group of students to participate in STEM initiatives. This includes engagement events, activities and competitions that are hosted in-person or online, within Australia or overseas.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity is to:
- support Australian students to develop STEM skills
- increase the number of students applying to participate in domestic and international STEM competitions and events
- increase the number of students participating in STEM education and going on to a career in STEM
- increase engagement and participation in groups under-represented in STEM.
For this grant opportunity $1.6 million is available. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $1,500
- The maximum grant amount is $15,000.
The maximum grant amount per student is:
- $2,000 to participate in a STEM engagement event, activity or competition occurring within Australia
- $5,000 to participate in a STEM engagement event, activity or competition requiring international travel.
You may submit multiple applications for the same STEM event, activity or competition, noting the combined total amount of those applications cannot exceed $15,000.
You can apply if you:
- are an eligible entity
- have an eligible project
- have eligible expenditure
- can address the additional eligibility requirements.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- a primary or secondary school that is registered with the relevant authority
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- an entity incorporated in Australia.
- be able to enter into a grant agreement in your own right or through an affiliated entity.
Please see the Grant opportunity guidelines for the full eligibility criteria.
From $1,500.00 to $15,000.00
To apply go to URL: https://business.gov.au/2023SGSEIC
Applications can be submitted until available funding for this grant opportunity is fully subscribed, or by 5 April 2023, whichever occurs first. We encourage you to submit your application early.