Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1837
Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority Grants
The Government has announced on 15 October 2021 that the Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority Grant and Capability Improvement Grant programs have now closed for applications for the 2021-22 financial year. For more information read the media release.
How it works
You need to contribute 30% of the eligible project value.
Project activities can include:
- buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security
As they relate to the above activities, this can also include:
- design, engineering and commissioning activities
- workforce training and accreditations.
The Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities are listed in the 2018 Defence industrial capability plan and the accompanying fact sheet. Defence reviews the priorities periodically and publishes updates on its website.
To be eligible your business must:
- have fewer than 200 employees
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be a company incorporated in Australia or be an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
Also, you must:
- provide evidence from your Board (or Chief Executive Officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- provide an external accountant declaration form that confirms you can fund your share of the project costs
Who is excluded?
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (but an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a government body at any level (including government business enterprise)
Up to $17 million is available each year from 2018-19 to 2021-22. We will close this grant opportunity to applications if funding for the current financial year runs out.
From $50,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/sicp.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.