Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5324
MRFF 2021 mRNA Clinical Trial Enabling Infrastructure Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2021 mRNA Clinical Trial Enabling Infrastructure grant is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and the Coronavirus Research response. This opportunity looks to fund an organisation who has applied to the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) and Department of Health’s Approach To Market: Enabling Australia’s onshore mRNA manufacturing capability. In addition, they must specify at least one state government partner organisation contributing to the research.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide funding to Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that leverage and enhance emerging technologies, platforms, equipment and infrastructure to conduct clinical trials of mRNA-based vaccines and/or therapeutics.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- are incorporated in Australia
You must also be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
In addition you or a partner organisation must have applied to the (DISER) and Department of Health’s Approach To Market: Enabling Australia’s onshore mRNA manufacturing capability program and must have at least one state government partner organisation.
You can’t apply if you are:
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s list of Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme
- an employer of 100 or more employees that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012)
- an individual
- unincorporated association
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
You can partner with one or more other organisations for your project, but you must decide who the lead organisation is.
The lead organisation must fill out the application form and enter into the grant agreement with the Commonwealth.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your nominated Chief Investigator A (CIA) who will take the lead role in conducting the project
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner
- all mandatory attachments.
The rules are in the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $5,000,000.00 to $5,000,000.00
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/CTEI
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.