Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5165
Our Marine Parks Grants - Round 3
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications in an open process to the third round of Our Marine Parks Grants. This grant opportunity is part of the Australian Government’s $39.9 million investment in Australian Marine Park partnerships and forms part of the broader $100 million Ocean Leadership Package announced in April 2021.
The Our Marine Parks Round 3 grant opportunity seeks to support achievement of Australian Marine Park objectives:
a) the protection and conservation of biodiversity and other natural, cultural and heritage values of marine parks in the Australian Marine Park Network
b) ecologically sustainable use and enjoyment of the natural resources within marine parks in the Australian Marine Park Network, where this is consistent with objective (a),
including through projects which aim to:
1. improve capacity of regional and Indigenous communities to deliver outcomes that support ongoing management and health of Australian Marine Parks.
2. develop tourism operator capability to deliver environmentally and culturally appropriate, high-quality recreation and tourism experiences in or associated with Australian Marine Parks, contributing to Australia’s visitor economy.
3. improve ecosystem health and understanding of marine park values and the pressures impacting on them, including, but not limited to, projects with the recreational and commercial fishing sectors and the seafood industry.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
To apply go to the application form here