Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4742
Aviation Services Accreditation Support Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Aviation Services Accreditation Support Program (the Program) will run over six months from 29 March 2021 to 30 September 2021.
The Program represents part of the Australian Government’s continued economic response to the Coronavirus, providing financial assistance to Australia’s aviation industry to assist with the impact on the aviation sector from COVID?19.
Capital constraints, a workforce that has been underutilised for an extended period, and prolonged uncertainty are all likely to constrain Australian ground handling companies’ ability to adequately service the industry as activity ramps up. A key challenge is ensuring that the workforce is appropriately trained and certified in line with regulatory requirements.
A significant portion of aviation ground handling staff have not worked since March 2020 and due to this long period of negligible flying activity, the ground handling workforce are likely to require retraining and reaccreditation to ensure safety standards are maintained for all flights.
Noting that ground handling organisations service all aspects of aviation, the Program will provide capped grants to eligible businesses to contribute to mandatory training, certification, and accreditation of ground handling workers essential for the operation of aircraft. This contribution will set a floor to ensure that the sector is in a position to respond as domestic flying activity recovers. It is anticipated that the Program will cover approximately 30% of the training requirements of the pre-COVID workforce.
Training support would be available for both new and existing employees, as required to support aviation recovery.
The capped grants will not cover the complete training requirements of all employees.
As such, the grants should be distributed appropriately by eligible businesses across their workforces to ensure the objectives of the Program can be met.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- operate an existing business providing ground handling services to airlines within an Australian airport between 29 March 2021 and 30 September 2021.
- be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
29 March to 30 September 2021
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application via email to DAP@infrastructure.gov.au