Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6490
Australia – UK Renewable Hydrogen Innovation Partnerships
Show close time for other time zones
The Australia-UK Renewable Hydrogen Innovation Partnerships (the program) will run over 3 years from 2023-24 to 2025-26. The program is part of the Australian Government’s investment in international collaboration on clean energy and technology with key strategic partners, and delivers on Australia’s obligations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement. The program is the Government’s contribution to a joint funding call under our clean energy technology partnership with the United Kingdom (UK), announced on 31 July 2023. The UK Government (Innovate UK) will implement a complementary grants program, Australia-UK Renewable Hydrogen Innovation Competition, as part of this joint funding call.
The program provides support to Australian companies for up to $10 million in funding for hydrogen research, development and demonstration projects in partnership with UK companies, as part of the Government’s Strategic International Partnerships measure. Projects should support renewable hydrogen technologies needed to deliver on the Australian Government’s National Hydrogen Strategy and the State of Hydrogen 2022 report. This includes, but is not limited to, the production of renewable hydrogen and derivatives, and the use of hydrogen in hard-to-abate industry (iron and steelmaking, chemicals) and heavy transport sectors.
The objectives of the program are:
- advance the development, innovation and application of hydrogen technologies, with goals of reducing costs associated with the development of a renewable hydrogen economy, industrial decarbonisation and accelerating the uptake of net zero technologies to reduce emissions
- foster greater collaboration of businesses between Australia and the United Kingdom
- leverage private and non-Commonwealth funding towards clean energy projects, technologies and their supply chains in Australia.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- undertake the project with a partner organisation located in the United Kingdom
And are one of the following:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee or behalf of a trust
- a corporate Commonwealth entity.
You must partner with one or more organisations based in the United Kingdom that has applied for a grant (within 10% to the grant amount) with Innovate UK's Australia-UK Renewable Hydrogen Innovation Competition.
Find the full eligibility criteria in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
From $10,000.00 to $2,000,000.00
To apply, go to https://business.gov.au/aukhip
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.