Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5620
Defence Global Competitiveness Grants Program
A grant of $15,000 to $150,000 for up to 50% of the cost of investing in projects that build export capability to build a stronger, more sustainable and globally competitive Australian defence industry.
The maximum project period is 12 months.
How it works
You need to contribute 50% of the eligible project value.
Project activities can include:
- buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security
- design, engineering and commissioning activities
- workforce training and accreditations
The Defence export strategy defines Australian defence exports as ‘any defence-specific or dual-use goods or services exported by Australian defence industry, including as part of a supply chain, that are intended for a defence or national security end-user’.
To be eligible your business must:
- have fewer than 200 employees
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be a company incorporated in Australia or be an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
You must also provide:
- a project budget (you must use the template provided on business.gov.au)
- a letter of support from each project partner (where applicable)
- evidence from your Board (or Chief Executive Officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- a trust deed (where applicable).
Who is excluded?
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s website on the list of ‘Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme’
- an employer of 100 or more employees that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012)
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (but an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a government body at any level (including government business enterprise).
Financial year 2018-19 to 2028-29.
From $15,000.00 to $150,000.00
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/dgc
www.business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat.