Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5148
National Taxonomy Research Grant (Round 3)
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications via a targeted competitive process to contribute towards outcomes under the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment’s Program 1.2: Environmental Information and Research commencing in the 2022–23 financial year.
The Australian Biological Resources Study: National Taxonomy Research Grant Program provides grants for research into taxonomy and systematics and to support the training and/or recruitment of taxonomists.
The program is the only grant program in Australia that is targeted towards the support of research into taxonomy, to:
- Improve our knowledge of the Australian biota through targeted taxonomic research
- Increase funding for taxonomy through enhanced co-funding opportunities
- Build Australia’s taxonomic capacity by supporting tertiary research training and early career researchers.
Benefits of the program include:
- Increased support for students and early career researchers (including provision for retired taxonomists to mentor younger researchers through support for non-salaried researcher positions)
- Provision for major, national-scale investigations incorporating multiple researchers and institutions.
Grant applications must address at least one of the Australian Biological Resources Study: Priority Areas for Research Grants.
Eligibility requirements that are applicable to applicants vary depending on the specific grant being applied for. Details of eligibility are found within the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
To apply go to the application form here