Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4194
National Science Week Grants – 2021
Show close time for other time zones
National Science Week is Australia's major national celebration of the sciences, occurring in August each year. National Science Week 2021 will be held 14-22 August 2021. National Science Week provides the opportunity for community participation in high profile science engagement activities across the nation.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support diverse local organisations and government to work together on science engagement activities that have been adapted to local needs
- inspire wide community participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
National Science Week provides the opportunity to:
- increase community participation in science engagement activities
- celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $7.23 million per year in ongoing funding for the Inspiring Australia - Science Engagement Programme.
For this grant opportunity, up to $500,000 is available.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage).
- The minimum grant amount is $2,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
We will only award applications of exceptional merit the maximum grant amount of $20,000.
The value of your project must exceed the grant you are seeking to cover any ineligible expenditure. You must have additional funding or in-kind contributions from other sources to support any ineligible expenditure on the project.
To be eligible you must:
- be an individual 18 years of age or older, or
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 7.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
You are not eligible to apply if you are a Commonwealth entity (unless you are a publicly funded research organisation that meets the eligibility criteria in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines).
To be eligible your project must:
- be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week 2021
- address one or more of the following purposes:
- draw the nation's attention towards the sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve physical attendance or in-person participation by the general public (with contingency plans for virtual/online attendance or participation only if required to adhere to COVID-19 restrictions)
- include eligible project activities.
For further eligibility requirements please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/nswkg
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.