Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6215
Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre program will run over four years from 2023-24 to 2026-27. The program was announced as part of the Australian Made Battery Plan to create more jobs and greater wealth for the nation by manufacturing batteries onshore.
The program will complement the Australian Made Battery Plan by establishing the Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre (PAIGC), which will support Australian businesses in developing and adopting new renewable technologies, including batteries.
The objective of the program is to establish the national PAIGC to:
- support businesses looking to locally manufacture renewable technologies and commercialise local ideas
- encourage connection between critical minerals producers and renewables manufacturers
- facilitate partnerships between governments, research institutions, and industry to drive the development and adoption of renewable technologies in Australia
- support businesses in navigating battery regulatory barriers, and
- support First Nations businesses to contribute to the development of renewable technologies through engagement of a First Nations Business Advisor.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- grow Australia’s renewables technologies industry and establish Australia as a leader in renewables technologies
- increase First Nations business participation in the development of renewable technologies
- support Australia’s emission reduction targets by driving industry’s transition to clean energy through the adoption of new technologies
- support economic growth and job opportunities within the renewable technologies industry.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- are non-income tax-exempt
- are registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST); and
- are one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth)
- a co-operative
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation.
Further eligibility requirements are outlined in the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $0.00 to $14,000,000.00
To apply, go to: https://business.gov.au/paigc