Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6476
Safe Places Inclusion Round
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government invites applicants to apply for the Safe Places Inclusion Round from September to November 2023.
The Inclusion Round provides capital works grants for the renovation, building or purchase of new or expanded emergency accommodation for women and children experiencing family and domestic violence (FDV).
It will focus on improving access to appropriate emergency accommodation for First Nations women and children, women and children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and women and children with disability, however, all women and children, regardless of identity, must be provided with accommodation or referral.
Organisations are not required to have a singular focus on particular groups of women and children but the department expects applicants to demonstrate how projects have appropriate supports in place for at least one of the groups of women and children listed above.
Grantees are responsible for the following during a 15-year Designated Use Period once emergency accommodation is ready for use:
- funding FDV services and other specialist wrap-around services
- ongoing maintenance of dwellings
- reporting on the use of the accommodation.
The department will hold information sessions in early October 2023. The information sessions will provide guidance on the grant opportunity guidelines, eligibility and assessment criteria, and an opportunity to ask questions.You can register for an information session on Eventbrite.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Local Government
- Statutory Entity.
Additional eligibility requirements apply, please see section 4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines
Assessment and selection of applications - 7 weeks
Approval of outcomes of selection process - 4 weeks
Notifying applicants - 1 week
Drafting grant agreements - 2 weeks
Issuing, negotiating and signing grant agreements - Up to 6 weeks
Earliest start date of grant activity - April 2024
End date of grant activity - The end date will vary depending on the requirements of each project, but end dates will be no later than 30 June 2027
To apply you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all information requested
- address all eligibility and assessment criteria
- complete all required templates
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application(s) to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 PM AEDT on 14 November 2023.
Please note: Application Form outage from 7:15 pm until 7:30pm AEDT Thursday 9 September 2023 and please use:
- Safe Places Inclusion Round - Questions and Answers - version 7
- Safe Places Inclusion Round - Information session presentation
- Safe Places Inclusion Round - Consultation Findings - version 2
- Safe Places Inclusion Round - Consultation Findings - Easy Read