Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6048
Investing in Our Communities Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Investing in Our Communities Program is a closed non-competitive program and only projects identified by the Australian Government will be delivered. If your project has been identified to receive grant funding you will be invited to apply for the program.
The purpose of this program is to deliver the Government’s commitments for community and sporting infrastructure, open space improvements and other community priorities where Commonwealth grant funding is $5 million or less. Funded projects are intended to assist communities to build their strengths and improve liveability.
The objectives of the program are to:
- build resilient communities through the provision of social and community facilities;
- improve community amenity, accessibility and liveability; and
- drive economic opportunity in the community and broader region.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- enhance community infrastructure;
- encourage community cohesion; and
- have a positive impact on economic activity within communities.
The program will run over five financial years from 2022-2023 to 2026-2027. The program was announced as part of the 2022-2023 October Budget.
To be eligible you must be the organisation with overall responsibility to deliver the project and be invited to deliver a project identified by the Australian Government and:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST and remain registered for the duration of the grant
- have an account with an Australian financial institution and be one of the following entity types:
- an incorporated association
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian state or territory government body
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
For the purposes of the program we also consider the following organisations to be an Australian local government agency or local governing body:
- Anangu Pitjantjatjara, Maralinga, Gerard, Nepabunna and Yalata governing bodies in South Australia
- Cocos Keeling Islands Shire Council
- Lord Howe Island Board
- Norfolk Island Regional Council
- The Outback Communities Authority
- The Shire of Christmas Island
- The Silverton and Tibooburra villages in New South Wales
- The Trust Account in the Northern Territory.
If your organisation has been invited to apply for the program but is not an eligible entity or there are concerns about your organisation’s capacity to deliver the project, you may be able to nominate an eligible project sponsor.
From $5,000.00 to $5,000,000.00
If your project has been identified to receive grant funding you will be invited to apply for the program.