Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5414
Regional Airports Program – Round 3
Show close time for other time zones
The Regional Airports Program provides grants to improve the safety and accessibility of airports and aerodromes in regional areas of Australia. It will support critical air infrastructure that will:
- improve the safety of aircraft, operators and passengers using regional airports or aerodromes
- facilitate improved delivery of essential goods and services such as food supplies, health care and passenger air services
- improve the connectivity of Australia’s regions to domestic and global market opportunities
- meet the operational requirements of aeromedical and other emergency services in the region.
There is a total of up to $29 million available for this grant round.
Grants will be from $20,000 to $5 million.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage), unless the applicant (you) and a third party (could include State, Territory or local government or other non-government funding) are both contributing to eligible project costs, the grant amount will be up to 33.3 per cent of eligible project costs.
You can apply if you meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are a set of rules that describe who we can consider for this grant. You can apply if:
- you are an eligible entity
- you have an eligible project
- your aerodrome is identified as Inner Regional or Outer Regional as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geographic Standard (ASGS) Remoteness Area (to check your aerodrome location is Inner Regional or Outer Regional use the nationalmap.gov.au
- your aerodrome or airport’s passenger throughput was below 250,000 passengers (from all flight types) in 2019
- you can provide evidence from your board or Council (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported by the applicant organisation, and that the organisation is willing to accept responsibility to complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
The rules are in the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $20,000.00 to $5,000,000.00
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.