Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4669
Recovery for Regional Tourism program
Recovery for Regional Tourism
Show close time for other time zones
The Recovery for Regional Tourism program (the Program) will run over two financial years from 2020-21 to 2021-22. The Australian Government announced the Program on 27 September 2020, and it forms part of the COVID-19 $1 billion Relief and Recovery Fund, which provides assistance to sectors, regions and communities disproportionately affected by the economic impacts of COVID-19.
The Program will invest up to $50 million, with opportunities for co-contributions potentially boosting the total value of assistance delivered by the Program.
Nine regions are eligible for assistance under the Program. The methodology for determining eligible regions and the funding allocation is based on methodology developed by Tourism Research Australia. This methodology considers the gross value added by international visitors and tourism employment within the region. Section 3 of these Guidelines detail the eligible regions and the Australian Government funding allocation for each region.
Eligible applicants are either:
- A RTO (or in the case of NSW, a Destination Network) from one of the nine regions.
- A state tourism organisation (STO) on behalf of one of the nine regions.
The eligible locations for the Program are the nine regions identified in Section 4.1 of the guidelines. Activities and projects must be delivered within the region, except for instances where the projects or activities are directed at providing a benefit to the region.
To be eligible your projects or activities must help to create and retain jobs by driving visitation, spurring demand and improving product diversity to attract domestic visitors into your region. Your project or activities must drive interstate tourism into your region.
Eligible activities may include both demand-generating (attracting visitors to your region) and supply-side (improving the capacity of your region to meet the needs of domestic visitors) projects.
The grant opportunity will be open from 30 November 2020 to 30 September 2021.
All projects must be complete by 31 May 2022.
From $1,250,000.00 to $13,500,000.00
Before applying, you must read and understand the guidelines, the sample application form and the sample grant agreement.
To apply you must:
- complete the application form available from a link we email to you
- provide all the information requested in the form
- address all assessment criteria for each project in your application include all necessary attachments
- submit your application using the application form as soon as it is ready. As we may accept an initial application from a region and then consider later projects as additional schedules to the original grant agreement, the last date for submitting projects to us is 30 September 2021.
Eligible regions are:
- Australia’s South West (Western Australia)
- Gold Coast (Queensland)
- Kangaroo Island (South Australia)
- Lasseter and Alice Springs (Northern Territory)
- North Coast (New South Wales)
- Phillip Island region (Victoria)
- The state of Tasmania
- Tropical North Queensland (Queensland)
- Whitsundays and Mackay region (Queensland)
Recovery for Regional Tourism