Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5695
Indigenous Languages and Arts – Strategic Projects 2022-23
1800 006 992
Show close time for other time zones
The overarching outcome of the ILA Program is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA Program supports activities that:
- Capture, revitalise and sustain Indigenous languages by:
- Facilitating activities that capture and preserve Indigenous languages,
- Facilitating active participation by the community in Indigenous language teaching and learning pathways,
- Creating and developing Indigenous language resources, enabling community to speak and hear their languages being used in everyday life,
- Develop, produce, present, exhibit or perform a diverse range of traditional and contemporary Indigenous art forms,
- Support new and innovative forms of Indigenous cultural expression through arts, and
- Contribute to the Australian Government’s priorities and outcomes for Aboriginal languages, including those under Target 16 of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap and the International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022-2032.
Participation in the Targeted Competitive Grant Opportunity as a Strategic Project is by invitation only from the ILA Program.
The grant can commence once you have entered into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth for this purpose.
If your organisation receives an invitation to apply, the ILA Program will also provide a link to the application portal.
1800 006 992