Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6417
Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions 2024
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity provides organisations, such as schools and community groups, with funds to sponsor a student or group of students to participate in STEM engagement events, activities and competitions that are hosted in-person or online, within Australia or overseas.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity is to:
- support Australian students to develop STEM skills
- increase the number of students applying to participate in domestic and international STEM competitions and events
- increase the number of students participating in STEM education and going on to a career in STEM
- increase engagement and participation in groups under-represented in STEM.
For this grant opportunity $1.6 million is available for the 2023-24 financial year. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $1,500
- The maximum grant amount is $15,000.
The maximum grant amount per student is:
- $2,000 to participate in a STEM engagement event, activity or competition occurring within Australia
- $5,000 to participate in a STEM engagement event, activity or competition requiring international travel.
You may submit multiple applications for the same STEM event, activity or competition, noting the combined total amount of those applications cannot exceed $15,000.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be one of the following entities:
- a primary or secondary school that is registered with the relevant authority
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- be able to enter into a grant agreement in your own right or through an affiliated entity.
Government Schools in NSW, SA, TAS and WA
Government schools in New South Wales (NSW), South Australia (SA), Tasmania (TAS) and Western Australia (WA) are not legal entities in their own right. You must include your relevant state or territory education department's ABN as a Collaborator in your application in order to enter into a grant agreement.
Unincorporated Associations and Entities
Non-government schools, including catholic organisations, that are unincorporated entities must apply through a related incorporated entity in order to enter into a grant agreement.
Please see the grant opportunity guidelines for the additional eligibility criteria.
Applications can be submitted until available funding for this grant opportunity is fully subscribed, or by 4 April 2024, whichever occurs first. We encourage you to submit your application early.
From $1,500.00 to $15,000.00
This grant opportunity opens for applications on 22 January 2024.
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/2024SGSEIC
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.