Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4569
MRFF – Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission – 2020 Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Show close time for other time zones
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission aims to improve outcomes for people living with dementia and older Australians.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that will:
- identify an appropriate suite of measures that enable appraisal of local organisation and system performance to assess the impact of new care delivery models and quality improvement for people living with dementia
- develop interventions that deliver holistic and multidisciplinary care after diagnosis to improve quality of life for people living with dementia and their carers
- develop new and improved diagnostic and prognostic tools for dementia, including biological markers of disease onset and progression
- conduct research to understand and address barriers to effective infection control practices in aged care settings and during transitions.
The intended outcome of the research is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research (TCR)): living with dementia by supporting assessment and adoption of improved care delivery models
- Stream 2 (TCR): living with dementia and their carers by developing and supporting adoption of new patient centred care approaches
- Stream 3 (TCR): living with dementia by enabling earlier and more effective diagnosis and better understanding of disease progression
- Stream 4 (TCR): by reducing the incidence of infectious disease amongst residents in aged care settings and during transitions.
Applicants to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the four Streams of research. An application may be submitted to one of the above four Streams only.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health website.
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC approved Administering Institutions. A list of NHMRC approved Administering Institutions is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the NHMRC’s Administering Institutions list on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund – Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission – 2020 Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Grant Opportunity Guidelines
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the Administering Institution that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the Institution might have.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 24 February 2021.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 03 March 2021.
NHMRC Research Help Centre