Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6452
MRFF - PPHRI - 2023 Optimising Screening, Diagnosis and Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Show close time for other time zones
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): develop and assess the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of novel approaches for obstructive sleep apnoea screening and diagnosis, through co-design with consumers.
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): conduct a clinical trial assessing the comparative-effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Type 3 and/or Type 4 sleep studies with Type 1 and/or Type 2 sleep studies for screening, diagnosis or monitoring of obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): develop and evaluate the clinical effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and patient acceptability of novel approaches for monitoring obstructive sleep apnoea and/or improving therapeutic adherence, through co-design with consumers.
Funding for Stream 3 is available as follows:
- Topic A: the organisation undertaking the majority of the proposed research must be located in, and the Chief Investigator A and 50% or more of all Chief Investigators must be primarily resident in, a metropolitan area (MM1 according to the 2019 Modified Monash Model)
- Topic B: the organisation undertaking the majority of the proposed research must be located in, and the Chief Investigator A and 50% or more of all Chief Investigators and all research participants must be primarily resident in, a regional, rural or remote area (MM2-7 according to the 2019 Modified Monash Model)
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health and Aged Care’s website.
Applications will only be accepted from approved MRFF Eligible Organisations. A list of approved MRFF Eligible Organisations is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the MRFF Eligible Organisations List on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund – PPHRI – 2023 Optimising Screening, Diagnosis and Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
The maximum grant duration is 5 years
From $0.00 to $2,000,000.00
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the MRFF Eligible Organisation that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the Organisation might have.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00pm (ACT Local Time) on 17 January 2024.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00pm (ACT Local Time) on 7 February 2024.
NHMRC Research Help Centre