Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6432
Community Language Schools Grants Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications through a demand driven process to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program – Community Language Schools Grants Program from 2023–24 to 2024–25.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support a prosperous and inclusive society, and advance Australia’s economic interests through effective management of the visa, multicultural and citizenship programs and provision of refugee and humanitarian assistance
- support a prosperous and inclusive society through the promotion, delivery and effective management of the Australian multicultural and citizenship programs.
The program will strengthen the cohesion and prosperity of Australia’s successful multicultural society by supporting more young Australians to acquire a second language to:
- connect them to the languages of their parents, grandparents and broader communities
- enable their participation in a broader range of jobs in an economy closely integrated into a global market of diverse trading partners.
The program will enable Community Language Schools (CLS) to expand the delivery of language to more school-aged children, including pre-schoolers.
The grant opportunity consists of 3 tiers and 2 supplementary payment options for eligible CLS to apply.
A total of $15 million over 2 years was announced for the Community Language Schools Grants funding. A maximum grant amount of up to $30,000 is available depending on the tier and supplementation.
You must be one of the following legal entities to apply for the Community Language Schools Grants program:
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Statutory Entity.
Additional eligibility requirements apply, please see section 4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Review and approval of applications - Within 8 weeks of closing date
Notification to un/successful applicants - January 2024
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - February 2024
Earliest start date of grant activity - February 2024
End date of grant activity - December 2025
To apply, you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'submit application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 PM AEDT on 9 October 2023.
The Department of Home Affairs held stakeholder presentations on 5 and 11 September 2023. Links to the presentation recordings are provided below. Note that the content of the 2 presentations are identical except for the questions raised by participants.
- Presentation 1 – 5 September 2023 - CLSG Stakeholder Presentation 1 - 5 September 2023.
- Presentation 2 – 11 September 2023 - CLSG Stakeholder Presentation 2 - 11 September 2023
- Community Language Schools - Questions and Answers - version 2