Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5302
Veteran and Community Grants (V&CG) Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting ex-service organisations (ESOs), or non-ESOs working in partnership with an ESO, through a targeted competitive process to apply for grant funding under the Veteran and Community Grants Program from 9 December 2021 to 20 January 2022.
The program consists of one annual funding round. The objective of the program is to maintain and improve the independence and quality of life for members of the Australian veteran community by providing funding for projects that sustain or enhance health and wellbeing.
The intended outcomes of the program are to deliver projects that:
- are sustainable and have an ongoing benefit for members of the Australian veteran community
- increase opportunities for members of the Australian veteran community to engage in social and community activities and/or improve health behaviours and support healthy places.
Applications will be considered under 2 grant categories: small grants (up to a maximum of $50,000 per grant) or large grants (from $50,001 to a maximum of $150,000 per grant).
For small grants under this grant opportunity, practical projects and activities that support safe, accessible environments for veterans and their families to enable social connection and positive engagement to improve wellbeing are encouraged.
For large grants under this grant opportunity, grants will be considered for projects that deliver wellbeing support services and activities of broad-scale benefit to the veteran community.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- an Ex-Service Organisation (ESO)
- a non-ESO (an organisation external to the ESO community) operating as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust that includes an ESO
- a non-ESO in a partnership or consortium arrangement with at least one ESO
- one of the legal entity types listed at section 4.1.2 below
- incorporated by the closing date and time of this grant opportunity.
Applicants that satisfy the above eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for either a small or large grant. The following provides relevant definitions for the above eligibility requirements.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Statutory Entity.
If you are applying as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust, the Trustee must have an eligible entity type as listed above.
Applications from Trusts, partnerships and consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity type as per the list above
To apply go to the application form here