Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO4886
MRFF 2021 Improving the Health and Wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mothers and Babies
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) under the Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative. This initiative aims to enable and support the translation of new discoveries into clinical practise.
The objective is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Indigenous-led Australian medical research projects. These projects translate existing knowledge through culturally safe care for pregnancy, birthing and the post-natal period, for example on-country birthing and continuity of family and midwifery care.
All applicants apply for an Accelerator grant. We will only award the most meritorious applications with an Accelerator Grant.
Other applications that are assessed as suitable by the Grant Assessment Committee may be considered for an Innovation Grant.
Innovation grants fund smaller scope research projects to allow grantees to build evidence of the feasibility of the projects to bridge the translation gap and be competitive in future funding opportunities.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia.
You must also be in accordance with s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, and be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
When applying, the grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs:
- The minimum grant amount is $2 million.
- The maximum grant amount is $5 million.
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
All members of the research team must be listed on the application form as Chief Investigators (CIs). Applicants must nominate a Chief Investigator A (CIA) who will take the lead role in conducting the project and report on the outcomes of the project as specified in the grant agreement.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable.
You must complete your project within a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years from the date of execution
From $2,000,000.00 to $5,000,000.00
To apply go to: www.business.gov.au/MRFF-ATSMB