Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6525
Industrial Transformation Research Hubs for funding commencing in 2024
Show close time for other time zones
Research Hubs engage Australia's best researchers to develop collaborative solutions to the strategic priorities. The focus is on the creation of industry and academic partnerships working together on research and development projects to create innovative and transformative solutions for industry.
The Research Hubs scheme objectives are to:
- support collaborative research projects between universities and organisations outside the Australian higher education sector that involve cutting-edge research on new technologies; and
- leverage national and international investment in targeted industry sectors, including from industry and other research end-users.
The intended outcomes of the Research Hubs scheme are:
- growth, productivity and competitiveness withing the Industrial Transformation Priorities; and
- economic, commercial and social transformation.
An application may only be submitted through the Research Office of an Eligible Organisation listed in the Grant Guidelines. The application must:
- directly address one or more of the current Industrial Transformation Priorities;
- nominate at least one Australian Partner Organisation.
Applications must include the following named participants:
- Research Hub Director, who is an eligible CI from Your organisation;
- at least one other CI from Your organisation;
- at least one CI from each Other Eligible Organisation; and
- at least one PI from each Partner Organisation.
An application may be applied for and awarded funding for a minimum of three to a maximum of five consecutive years.
From $500,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
The application must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation, unless requested by the Australian Research Council (ARC).
The ARC reserves the right to change these criteria in future funding rounds. Grant Guidelines for all ARC schemes may be found attached to the relevant Grant Opportunity. Administering Organisations must submit Applications through RMS unless otherwise advised by the ARC.
All applications must meet the format and content requirements, including certification, as set out in the RMS online form and the relevant scheme Instructions to Applicants for Industrial Transformation Research Hubs for funding commencing in 2024.
The RMS is a web-based system used to prepare and submit research applications and assessments for the ARC’s National Competitive Grants Program. Registered users can login using your email address and password at https://rms.arc.gov.au. To request a new account, please go to https://rms.arc.gov.au and click on the Request New Account link.
All queries by researchers should be directed to the Administering Organisation of the application.