Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6712
Protection (subclass 866) Visa Legal Assistance
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applicants via a restricted process to apply to deliver services under the Refugee, Humanitarian, Settlement and Migrant Services Program – Protection (subclass 866) Visa Legal Assistance Program from 2023–24 to 2024–25.
The objectives of the program are:
- provide specialist legal assistance at the primary Protection visa processing stage including advising clients of the criteria for a Protection visa, their prospects and other visa options where relevant
- provide community outreach on the Protection visa program.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- make free voluntary refugee legal advice more accessible for Protection visa, and prospective Protection visa, applicants
- helping to ensure genuine applicants are supported through the visa application process and reducing the exploitation of vulnerable migrants
- support successful delivery and integrity of the Protection visa program by:
- supporting Protection visa applicants to articulate claims (resulting in more ‘decision-ready’ applications that provide all the relevant evidence to support protection claims)
- providing prospective applicants with advice on the requirements for a Protection visa, the implications of applying, and on other visa options which may more appropriately suit their personal circumstances.
To be eligible to receive a grant, you must be one of the organisations listed in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
Assessment of applications – within 6 weeks from the closing date
Approval of outcomes of selection process – within 8 weeks from the closing date
Notification to applicants – within 9 weeks from the closing date
Negotiations and award of grant agreements – within 16 weeks from the closing date
Earliest start date of grant activity – May 2024
End date of grant activity – November 2025
By invitation only.